Thursday, October 15, 2015

Follow up with Dr Hemashree At SGH

Hi All,

My continuation of my baby making journey..

I met Dr Hemashree in Care Centre at Singapore General Hospital. Truthfully throughout my experience in other hospitals, i love getting her as my gynae. The reasons of her being my wonderful gynae, here is how she did her job FAST and Efficient!!

First Trip to SGH and First Day Consultation with dr Hemashree (First Consultation)
- Both ultrasound ( Tummy and Vaginal) to check if my womb has any growth and to check if the fallopian tubes are swollen. The result is out after the ultrasound completed and report given to Dr Hemashree immediately on the same day. Results: There is no swollen tubes and found polyps in my womb.

- Pap Smear ( to check for any cancer symptom) . Result was mail to my address and there is no cancer found!!! Great news to me!

- Dr Hemashree advised to do a laparoscopy for rmy Fallopian tubes if it block again (which i had once a block right fallopian tubes which been unblock and left Fallopian tube has ectopic pregnancy remove. Due to this, it may be effected for blockage again in my tube). And hysteroroscopy to clear the polyps in the womb. This will be a minor surgery schedule on the 1 Oct 15.

- She arrange 2nd Consultation on 29  Sep 15 before she proceed for a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy procedure and to check the hormone blood test result is good and the semen test is perfect. IF she found that the semen test is not good (at times not only the woman has the problem issues), she may cancel of both procedure to do certain checks before she consider again.

- Pre Admission Counselling for the surgery arrange on 1 Oct 15  in O&G Clinic

For the above Test and consultation Fees i spent to $310 ( Consultation + Ultrasound+ Pap Smear)


2nd Trip to to SGH for blood Test and Semen Test (No consultation that day)

- Dr Hemashree request me to do a hormone blood test on my 2-4 days menstrual cycle and a semen test to check if my hubby sperms are doing good. My hubby and i did those test on the 11 Sep 15 on the same day

For the total cost : $$260 ( hormone blood test = Semen Test)

3rd Trip to SGH (Consultation with Dr Hemashreee) and Pre Admission Surgery 29 Sep 15

- Bed Booking for the surgery and Full Count blood Test before the surgery ( all included in the surgery bills which i claim using my Insurance . Bill amounted to $8900 (B1 ward)

- Meet Dr Hemashree at 3m, Result of hormone blood test and semen test is perfect. So she proceed with both surgeries on 1 Oct. She advise me that she will remove the tubes if she found any swollen or blocked tubes as i have a history before, there is no point me keeping it if  the tubes are damage for twice which i agree, and she will remove the polyps found in the womb too.

Total cost for the day : $87 (Consultation)

4th Trip to SGH ( Surgery Day and Warded ) 1 Oct 15

- Surgery was done on 1 Oct at about 1150hrs. (Hysteroscopy+Bigatti Resecyion of Endometrial Polyp+Laparoscopic Hydrotubation + Left Salpingectomy)

- Awake at 1445hrs somewhere in the theatre room.

-  They push me to the ward at 1500hrs.

- on 2 Oct, Dr hemashree came and see me in the morning and told me wat she did in the theatre room. To my surprise, one of my Fallopian tubes on the right are save! and doing good! My left tube has been removed as it was blocked and damage( the picture shows it is twisted). My right tubes at first was found stuck in between the intestines and she manage to remove it nicely and place a special glue to avoid it get stuck again. i was relieved and happy and she was looking happy too when she came to know that my right tube will be doing good! which she expect that the both tubes might be removed due to my previous history. She told me that she wants me to conceive naturally in six months, IF it fails, IVF is the option as she does not want any delay due to my age.

- Discharge on the 3 Oct 15 and was on 3 weeks hospitalisation leave.. Next appointment with Dr Hemashree on the 9 Oct 15.


5th trip to SGH ( Consulatation for post ops) 9 Oct

- Meet Dr Hemashree and she check on wounds which is getting better and told me to have a good rest. She advised me to try out for 3months naturally instead of 6 months as SGH IVF clinic will not be open for booking from FEB 16- June 16. As she does not want to delay, she wants to see me on Jan 16 and fix for an IVF Counselling on 13 Jan 16. If i was found pregnant before Jan 16, she will cancel the IVF Counselling,

- Urine Test to check for any infections

Total cost for the day : $212. (Consultation and Urine Test)

The hospitalisation leave 

During my hospitalisation leave, i google to find wat is good to make me high chance of natural conceiving, i decided to meet  a TCM Gynae Physician.

Follow up with me on ,my next blog with the TCM physician!!


PS : Pray to Allah that i could have this angel naturally..

Thanks to my lovely husband and family for being with me this far!! Told myself not to give up easuly this round!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment